Now Hiring: Program and Communications Associate!
If you or someone you know may be interested, check out the full job description and apply online on the Talent Market website. If you have any questions, reach out to Katy Gambella, Director of Outreach at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
About the Opening
The Buckley Institute seeks a self-starter passionate about the mission of the organization to serve as Program and Communications Associate. The Program and Communications Associate will work closely with the Director of Communications and Programs Manager in planning, executing, and communicating the Buckley Institute’s varied and quality programs. They will report to the Director of Communications. This position is in the office in New Haven, CT.
- Promote the organization’s events and initiatives and increase engagement through outreach to students, alumni, faculty, organizations, and departments
- Assist Programs Manager in researching, developing, and executing programs including, but not limited to, lectures, debates, seminars, conferences, and fellowships that advance the mission of the organization
- Attend all organization events and take pictures and, for certain events, take notes; events take place once or twice per week during the semester, on average
- Event management including set up, registration for large events, and serving as point of contact for participants, speakers, and vendors as necessary
- Produce engaging and polished content for social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Draft and edit a range of communications including, but not limited to, annual reports, newsletters, surveys, email blasts, and website posts
- Create digital and print marketing materials, including graphics
- Assist Director of Communications in editing the Institute’s podcast
- Maintain communications and programming-related files, databases, and email lists
- Organize recruitment, social, and community building events for the Institute’s student fellows
- Administer the annual student essay contest
- Implement and track program assessments and metrics
- Conduct research including, but not limited to, site visits and public records requests
- Other duties and miscellaneous projects as requested
The projected salary range for this role is $50,000 to $60,000 in addition to competitive benefits including a matching SIMPLE IRA plan, PTO, and health and dental insurance. Salary is contingent upon the specific skills and experience of the selected candidate. We are also willing to explore higher compensation for an exceptional candidate or a lower range for a promising, less experienced candidate. This is a chance to join our team at an exciting time for our growing organization.
- 2+ years of professional work experience; related experience strongly preferred, internships may be considered experience
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet deadlines, multi-task, and follow through
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, outgoing, sound judgement, and high degree of professionalism
- Responsible, honest, and dependable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, mass email platforms, and social media platforms
- Ability to travel out-of-state occasionally (approximately 5%) to assist with programs such as the Institute’s Washington, D.C. Fellowship and leadership retreats
- Enthusiastic philosophical alignment with and passion for the principles of the Buckley Institute
- A bachelor’s degree